Call for abstracts
We accept scientific abstracts for your presentations. In the registration process you can choose to present your contribution by “Poster” or “Poster and considered for short talk”. We offer an award for the best poster and for the best presentation!
The selection committee is calling for abstract submission in the following categories:
- Plant Environment Interaction
- Food and Rural Livelihoods
- Urbanization and Development
- Functional Food
Abstract submission deadline is 1st July 2021.
Notifications on acceptance for short talks and posters will be send out by 30th July 2021.
Proceed as follows:
- Register for the “2nd Cologne Conference on Food for Future”.
- Submit abstract (see Abstract Submission Guidelines for more information).
Abstract Review Process
All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the selection committee. All accepted abstracts will be published in an abstract book. Selected abstracts will be presented as short talks. Abstract notifications on acceptance for short talks will be sent sent out by 30th July 2021.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
To submit your abstract please login and go to “Submit abstract”.
- Enter abstract title, form of presentation and choose one out of the four topics, which refer to the four conference session topics.
- Thereafter you enter the abstract text. Abstract should not exceed 3000 characters (incl. spaces). Abstracts are to be submitted in English. Please be sure to carefully check your abstract for content errors, spelling, names, etc. before submitting. The organizers do not proofread to correct errors.
- The title should have the following format: sentence-style capitalization (e.g. The role of soil microorganisms in plant….).
- All abbreviations should be defined when first used.
Important Information if you are selected for a short talk
- The talk format is 15 minutes for presentation and an additional 5 minutes for discussion. Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified by Email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th July 2021 at the latest.
For special questions about the abstract submission, please contact email@example.com.